2015-03-04

[Book] The Missing Piece Meets the BIG O -Summary, review and recommend

 

  • Book name: The Missing Piece Meets the BIG O

  • Author :Shel SilverStein


This book is called" THE MISSING PIECE Meets the BIG O,written by Shel SilverStein. This is a story about a missing piece was finding someone can fit it but in the end , a big O told it to roll itself. It found many parts but no one can fit it in.Although it found a part can fit it in,in the end they can't  compact together. Until the missing piece met the BIG O. BIG O didn't want and need anything from the missing piece.
BIG O told the missing piece that it can roll by itself.After the meeting,The missing piece thought BIG O's words were useless and nonsense for it. After a long time, it tried to start rolling. And it flip down. It lift...and flip down...It tried again and again. And in the end it became so perfect that it had no more edges. It became a perfect round!
And then the missing piece was no more sad and alone.

My favorite part of the book is after the BIG O told the missing piece something and it did that. If the missing piece didn't start trying, it still be here and be alone.Sometimes we always rely on other people and think if we can do nothing without others' help.But this book told us to try to do something by ourselves for ourselves.However we can get experiences from the failure,learn to be strong after meeting some setback and learn to be brave rather than sitting there. And some day we will find that we already become perfect and have no more edges. I think I will have different thoughts in different ages when I read the book. I recommend this book because it's not only a book for kids but for adults!

And I find a video on Youtube that is about this book/story.  
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Yifi. You really did a good job! I feel so impressive when I read your review and I think that you did read the whole book. I assume that maybe you can have more summary about this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Yifi. You really did a good job! I feel so impressive when I read your review and I think that you did read the whole book. I assume that maybe you can have more summary about this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,Rapunzel. I hope that I don't spell your name wrong.Thank you for your advice and suggestions. I will be more careful on my next article.

    ReplyDelete

Give me some advice!